The greatest take-home business owners have from the past year is that a solid online presence is everything. According to SEO Tribunal, 97% of consumers use the internet to discover and learn about local companies before making contact.
Considering 200 million Americans are on social media, according to Pew Research Center, think how much traction proper social media advertising would bring to your business.
That said, a social media campaign can cost north of $5,000 per month, so sometimes, it makes sense to take out a business loan. This article will explain why social media advertising is essential for improving your online presence.
- Raising and reinforcing brand awareness: it aids in familiarizing customers with your products and services. If your small business becomes a go-to for buyers, it will lead to long-term benefits since consumers often gravitate towards brands they recognize.
- Increased business traffic: you can reach a global audience with a single post. If the target audience resonates with your products, they’ll add to your loyal customers. With proper brand awareness, prospects are bound to follow, share, and engage with your social pages.
- Higher conversion rates and sales: The higher the commercial traffic, the higher the conversion rate is reached in the company numbers. A successful social media campaign brings new customers who either didn’t know of your business or have an interest/need in your products and services.
In short, the social media advertising outcome is worth the funds, savings, and a small business loan invested.
An advertising strategy for social media is a master/buzz plan of your goals and how you plan to achieve them on social media. The top 5 strategies are:
1. Understand your brand
You mustn’t just post anything. It would help if you started with the end in mind. That’s why you must ask yourself the following questions before posting on your social.
- What product or service do you want to sell
- Or what product or content you intend to promote
When you understand why you want to generate interest, then you can continue the conversation to an advertising moment.
2. Ask decision-support questions
To build buzz about your products and services, ask your social media followers to help develop products and services. You can map out your questions below.
- Which design should I go with, A or B?
- How would you name the product?
- When is the best time to launch?
By doing this, you build familiarity between your online community and the product you’re about to launch. This gets people excited and aware of what you are doing, and when you launch the product, more people are likely to buy.
Get featured anywhere, not just within your industry. Consider this as online networking. As the saying goes, your network is your net worth. You can get featured in people’s:
- YouTube channels
- Facebook live
Remember, the more you get featured, the more authority you build. Show proof and testimonials and talk about your business industry experiences and past clients. This will help build authority, so people trust what you’re talking about.
Afterward, ask yourself how those goals impact the type of content you’re trying to create. For instance, if you are an interior designer and your goal is to:
- Raise awareness: show behind-the-scenes content of you renovating a client’s space, before and after shots, and design inspirations that you draw from.
- Educate: create posts like home decor techniques and different design tools. These will educate your audience on how they can implement the methods themselves.
- Convert: share testimonials and clients’ experiences working with you as their interior designer. This technique works better than sharing before and after pictures of the project.
- Get direct sales: You need to show people the product, how to use it, and how to purchase it.
5. Stop only focusing on the actual visuals
Do justice to your product shots and posts by following them up with an informative, enticing caption or description that will compel consumers to act upon your call to action. Also, don’t forget to do social audits from time to time.
Extra tips to improve your business’ online presence
Always respond to your audience’s tweets, comments, or inquiries. This helps them feel and feel that their opinions are treasured.
Be sure to keep your loyal audience engaged by availing of giveaways and live sessions more often.
Many social media platforms allow you to view the reach and insights of all your posts. This will help analyze the campaign’s impact on your business and tweak it for better effect if need be.
Over to you
Social media advertising can build your brand authority and raise awareness of your company, all vital for improving your business’s online presence. That gives you a great shot of capturing the attention of the 97% of internet users who learn more about a local company over the internet before making contact.
Visit the website in the introduction section above for more information about a small business loan to help fund your social media advertising campaign.
- Innovations in Plastics: 5 Innovative Plastic Products for Sustainability - May 27, 2023
- Make Money from Your Site’s Traffic - April 6, 2023
- Ways Project Management Software Helps With Resource Planning - April 2, 2023