Earlier people preferred going to shop and buying things. But in this scenario users prefer online shopping. This paradigm shift bought a next-level change in business too. Since every business today is offering shipping services. However, the rising competition at times makes it possible for them to thrive within the market. Here is where Drop Shipping came to the rescue. Not only is it a boon for business but also an opportunity for rising economies to relish profits.
Talking about the current scenario, anyone can start an online business with drop shipping. This shipping service has gained immense popularity helping businesses to stay ahead of the competitive edge. Therefore, starting with the same can give you valuable profits. Especially in countries like the USA and UK where people are more inclined towards online shopping.
However, if you are out to start a dropshipping business as a side hustle or a way to quit your full-time job to get started with the same, the below post is for you.
Let’s have valuable insight on how to start with the dropshipping business in the USA and UK!
Let’s Hear About Drop – Shipping
Dropshipping is a method of shipping where the sender and the customer’s address are masked, eliminating the need to manage inventory. In this, the order is picked up from the company address, is changed, and delivered to the customer. Similarly for the company, the customer information is also changed. In this way, it keeps the information secret on both hands.
A middle man or a supplier name a drop shipper is responsible to deliver the products under the name of the company.
Current Market Scenario Depicting The Value of Dropshipping Business
Dropshipping business is attracting millions of newcomers due to its popularity. It is a startling opportunity for entrepreneurs to relish the profit margins. Have a closer look at the market to know what’s new within the dropshipping business.
- Dropshipping is amongst the major business models for 33% of baby boomers and rising merchants globally.
- It is expected that by the year 2025 the industry of drop shipping is likely to reach USD 557.9 billion. This immense rise shows the segment is a great opportunity for the newcomers to try and relish the profit margins.
- Additionally, Google Trends data also shows a massive rise in interest in dropshipping.
A Valuable Insight On How Does Dropshipping Business Model Work
Now, if you are well aware of drop shipping, let’s take a moment to have a close look at the working of the dropshipping business model.
It’s crucial to understand how the dropshipping business model is different from the traditional retail and eCommerce shipping businesses. Generally in normal shipping, the customer knows about the supplier and company too. In addition, the supplier gets all the information about the shipper.
However, in dropshipping things are somehow different. The information of both supplier and shipper is hidden. With this, the dropshipper protects the online stores from predators. All their information is secured and maintained to the next level, but, it’s important to mention that there are tools that help you to manage it.
Due to this fact, Dropshipping is very popular, from different sites such as Amazon or Aliexpress. Furthermore, there is not too little upfront investment cost associated with it making it a wise option to get started.
Here is the Step By Step Guide to Start Your Dropshipping Business
Now, if you made up your mind to start a dropshipping business, here is a step-by-step guide to begin.
Step 1: Pick a Dropshipping Market
To begin a dropshipping business, the first step is to determine the niche. A market niche is a subset of a larger market. Your niche should be as specific as possible. Specify the products and services you will render via your dropshipping business.
It is believed that while doing dropshipping business you can make money in any niche, but this is not true. You’ll have an uphill battle with your new business if you choose a niche that significant brands influence.
Here is how you can pick a dropshipping niche that will pay off in 2022:
- Choose a niche with unique knowledge of products.
- Try to sell in a niche that helps people make their life easier.
- Choose a niche with low to medium competition.
- Choose a niche with at least 40% profit margin.
Step 2: Locating a Dropshipper
The next step is to know and locate the dropshipper to start the business. Here are steps to move forward:
- Make sure the supplier is a drop shipper before you contact them.
- He should have hold years of experience in the drop shipping
- If a supplier charges you more than the range of $2 to $5, stop right there as it will be too costly.
- Analyse the supplier’s delivery times to the countries you serve. Dropshipping can take one to two weeks. Make sure they do not take longer time
- Request product samples before committing to a supplier, always test quality..
- Ensure they aren’t charging you any unnecessary charges for the services.
Step 3: Obtain a Sales Tax ID for Your Business
You’ll certainly need a sales tax ID if you’re starting a business in the United States or Canada.
Sales tax is a tax levied on all sales of physical goods to consumers, and it typically ranges between 6 and 9 percent of the purchase price.
It’s common for businesses to pass on this cost to customers by including it in the retail price.
You can do this in person at your county clerk’s office or online by searching for “[your state] + VAT number” on Google.
Step 4: Selecting a platform for selling
To earn profits from your online store, we always recommend having your own online store. But people choose to have well-known established marketplaces too. It is recorded that drop shippers connect with a well-known online marketplace such as Amazon or eBay when starting out. The reason behind this is already the consumer buildup they get through these platforms. However, when starting your own drop shipping services, don’t forget to align with a leading player in the e-commerce segment.
Step 6: Customer Acquisition Strategy
For making your business successful, you need to attract customers to your store. A customer acquisition strategy comes into play here.
You can choose the fast (paid) or slow (accessible) route to gain new customers.
Here we have mentioned some ways to acquire customers for your business
- Dropshipping Facebook Ads for Quick Results
- Google Adwords for Online Stores
- Influencer marketing
- Blog or forum marketing with slow results (for free)
- Marketing with Content
- Marketing on Social Media
- Marketing via email
Step 6: Increasing the Size of Your Dropshipping Business
Once your dropshipping store is up and running and you’ve implemented some of the strategies, you should start seeing some sales. As your business grows, consider some of the future-proof processes you can implement to make your job as an owner easier and prepare for an increasing order load and more customers to satisfy.
Huzzah! We’ve made it to the end, and you should be well on your way to starting your eCommerce dropshipping business.
By following these shared tips, you’ll have a successful eCommerce drop shipping business for years. We recommend starting an online store with the help of the Shopify eCommerce platform.
We hope this guide will help you to start a dropshipping business. Have you been inspired to make one? Leave a comment and don’t forget to share this article with your business associates.
- Top 10 eCommerce Websites in the USA to Start Your Own Clothing Business - January 22, 2022
- RoseHosting Review : Hosting Plans, Pros & Cons (2022 Updated) - January 15, 2022
- Everything You Need to Know About Conducting an Instagram Audit - January 15, 2022