Duplicate content can have a huge negative impact on the search engine optimization score of your site, and this is why you need to avoid it and get rid of it. Today you are going to get complete information about what duplicate content is and how you can avoid it using modern tools and technology. In the past years, it was exceedingly difficult to find duplication of different sorts, but today things have changed, and you can save your SEO efforts by taking help from modern plagiarism checker tools!
What is duplicate content, and what constitutes it
Duplicate content which is also known as plagiarized content is the type of content that refers to the block of work that is completely or partially identical to another content that is published on another source. Content with minor similarities is also known as near-duplicate content.
Having similar content is a crime and is unethical, but you must know that it has become natural due to the excessive amount of content available on the internet. You must also understand that duplicate content can sometimes be very much unavoidable, and you have to use citing and quoting tactics to save yourself from any hamper!
Different types of duplicate content
Duplicate content exists in two main types, and both of them are important for you to know. Below we have defined both of the types of duplication for our readers!
- Internal duplication or internal duplicate content refers to the content which is copied and reused under the same domain. If the same website is using the same content on different internal links, then this is known as internal duplicate content, or in simple words, this act is known as self-plagiarism. This can be deliberate as well as accidental! In important to mention, that on many online stores are occasions of duplicate content due to product descriptions. Those are expected and not attributed as internal duplication by search engines.
- External duplicate content is the type of duplication which occurs across different domains. If someone is duplicating content from your site or vice versa, then the content would be referred to as external duplicate content. This act of duplication can be named as complete, incomplete, deliberate, mosaic, and verbatim plagiarism!
Effects of duplicate content on a website
If your website has duplicate content on it, then you should know that it can seriously cause trouble regarding your SEO score. The search engines are not interested in any duplicate content as it damages their own business and traffic level. You must be thinking that how duplicate content exists on the web if the search engines are not interested in it. Well, Google and other search engines don’t filter duplicate content while they are indexing it, but you must know that they would never rank these sites and pages on the top shelves.
The reason that the search engines don’t rank these pages is that they can make serious confusion in the ranking process. Common sense dictates that two or more than two sources having the same content cannot be ranked in the same place so instead of getting into complications, the search engine would de-rank all of the similar sources. The top search results on the internet are the websites that are having unique content on their interface.
How to get rid of duplication/plagiarism
You must know that plagiarism is not always done deliberately; today, the major causes of plagiarism are the one that is because of accidental and self-duplication. You must know that the only way to get rid of plagiarism today is with the help of online plagiarism checker tools.
There are more than dozens of free and paid plagiarism checker tools available on the internet, but not all tools are workable and of good repute. In the section below we are going to tell you about the most reliable resource that can help you check plagiarism in not only new content but also in already published one!
Duplichecker is a well-known website that can help you a lot in checking all sorts of duplicate content. Its plagiarism tool is famous because it provides premium level services for free. With Duplichecker.com, you can check plagiarism up to 1000 words in one go and you can use this as many times as you want, 24/7 a day without any complications. This plagiarism detector tool does not offer any paid version like other plagiarism tools, so you can use it without being worried that you have to pay.
You can check plagiarism on or newly created blog or site using different input methods including text, files, and even website URLs. You can input any format of files for checking duplication, and you can check complete websites via URL! This plagiarism checker can help you authenticate your work within less than five to ten seconds. You would also get complete plagiarism reports with this online plagiarism tool!
- Best Related Posts Plugins For WordPress (in 2021) - June 11, 2021
- Breaking Down the Cost to Create an E-Commerce Website (2021 Updated) - May 25, 2021
- WordPress Plugins For Data Engineers - May 19, 2021